COVID-19 Measures and Precautions
– promoting community health & safety –
Finally some good news! As we are being included in the same category as golf courses, Alberta health authorities have indicated we can re-open. Silver Willow is open again for regular business hours as of May 6, 2020.
Getting fresh air and sunshine is good for your health and well being, especially during this stressful time. We have 100 acres of open space for you and your family to enjoy.
At this point, we are open to members and their guests with online booking now open. However, this does not include any corporate events, courses, lessons, or competitive shooting events at this time.
While we’re very happy to open up the courses again, we still have important COVID safety measures to observe. We appreciate your help in keeping everyone safe!
What we’re doing:
- Regular cleaning/disinfecting of
- Credit card machine
- Pens, etc.
- Sanitizers made available in club house and for use on the course.
- Booking time spacings are at 20 minutes apart.
- Guides will maintain a 2-metre distance from guests.
- The Cafe will remain closed until further notice.
- The Day and Co Pro Shop will also remain closed until further notice.
- Gun inquires should be booked ahead of time via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will be selling clays and shells, through the reception desk window.
- To help limit contact, we encourage you to call ahead to purchase clays or shells (which we can have outside and ready to go for when you arrive)
- Our summer use washrooms will be opened soon, and the clubhouse washrooms will be closed to reduce traffic in the clubhouse.
What you can do:
- Please DO NOT visit Silver Willow if you have
- a fever
- a new or changed chronic cough,
- a sore throat that is not related to a known or preexisting condition
- a runny nose that is not related to a known or preexisting condition
- nasal congestion that is not related to a known or preexisting condition
- shortness of breath that is not related to a known or preexisting condition
- travelled internationally in the last 14 days
- had unprotected close contact with someone with confirmed or presumptive diagnosis of COVID-19
- The 6 – 8 foot physical distancing rule must be adhered to at all times.
- If you are meeting with other members to shoot (or with guests that are not from the same household), we strongly suggest you to travel here separately.
- Speaking of traveling here, we also respectfully request that, at this time, you do not go into the town of Carstairs for gas or any other purposes (if not a resident, of course).
- Please park at least 10 feet apart and use the upper, lower and the overflow parking area out by the shop to keep the distance.
- Wear gloves and bring sanitizers for on the course with the controllers, or ask for them at the clubhouse window.
- Wipe down the controllers before you use them at each station.
- Personal voice controllers for our EZ Pull system are available for purchase so you can shoot solo.
- We hope to be able to offer the CFSC courses again soon. However at this time we are waiting for further permission.
- We will not be able to offer competitive shoot events or lesson bookings at this time.
- There will be NO golf cart use for the next few weeks, so the new pathway on the blue course have time to set up, plus further understanding from Alberta Health in regards to cart use and sanitizing requirements.
Rural Address: 30133 RR 20, Mountain View County
Mailing Address: Box 974, Carstairs, AB T0M 0N0
Winter Hours Nov 1 – Mar 31
Thursday – Sunday
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Open Saturdays and Sundays only for the month of January.
Closed January 4-5, 2020.
Summer Hours Apr 1 – Oct 31
Wednesday – Thursday
9:00 am – 8:00 pm (ceasefire at 7:55pm)
Friday, Saturday and Sunday
9:00 am – 5:00 pm (ceasefire at 4:55pm)