about the day family
– hello! –
Our mission is to create a unique, outdoor, shotgun shooting experience for members, families, guests, and private events within a safe, exciting, and social setting.
Silver Willow Sporting Club was founded in 1988 as a family owned & operated business. Today, the club proudly maintains that distinction with the fifth generation of Days still enjoying the family property.
Originally established as a bird release club, Silver Willow has evolved into a full service sporting clays, five station “Duck Pond,” and skeet field facility. Silver Willow has been operating off the grid since 1988, using both solar and wind power, composting toilets and a full recycling program. Throughout the property, the fully-automated clay target throwers are completely solar powered.
Just 30 minutes north of Calgary, Alberta, Silver Willow is located 5 minutes west of the small country town of Carstairs and is home to 30 acres of a dedicated wetland Ducks Unlimited site.
Two separate courses await all levels of shotgun enthusiasts with targets for beginners/intermediates and more challenging targets for the experienced shooter. Feel the thrill of hunting as 40 and 65 foot towers throw clay targets over natural terrain simulating the excitement of wild game bird flight.
Silver Willow has become a destination point for all levels of local and international shooting enthusiasts. The original clubhouse, a cookhouse/conference centre, and the Gun Brothers café make Silver Willow the perfect setting for both registered and non-registered shoots as well as private and corporate events.
Have a shotgun enthusiast or hunter on your gift-giving list? Silver Willow is home to Day & Co. Shooting Sports retail store handling Browning, Winchester and Zoli shotguns.
|1988 – 10 station sporting clays course opens with manual clay target throwers|
|1989 – Original clubhouse is built and powered by a “passive” solar system|
|1995 – Automatic clay target throwers are introduced|
|1998 – A solar powered, fully automatic 14 station course is completed|
|2010 – A five-stand “duck pond” station is completed|
|2012 – A wireless, remote iPull control system is added to all 28 machines on the course.|
|2013 – The Cookhouse/Conference Centre opens
– A second seasonal sporting clays course opens
– The total number of automatic clay target throwers increases to 62
– The “Shotgun Academy” and “Day & Co. Shotgun Sports” retail store opens
|2015 – Canadian Firearms Safety Courses are offered monthly
– Introduction of safety video for “walk-on shooters”
– Repurpose Shotgun Academy for safety orientation sessions, CFSC training, and office space
– Renamed Ringneck Lodge.
– Newsletter published monthly
– The total number of automatic clay target throwers increases to 70
|2016 – The Blue “Winged Teal” Course reopens following the approval and acceptance of the Municipal Development Permit
– Roofs are added to shooting stands
– New washroom facilities are completed
|2017 – Opened the Skeet Field
– 2 more target throwers were added to each station on the Blue Course as well as new, upgraded, wireless iPull system
|2018 – Expansion of the Day & Co Store
– Became a members-based facility
|2019 – Upgraded all golf carts – now offering 2-seaters and 4-seaters
– Added international wobble trap station to skeet field
|2020 – Upgraded pathways
– Launched web store with shotguns and shooting accessories & apparel
Rural Address: 30133 RR 20, Mountain View County
Mailing Address: Box 974, Carstairs, AB T0M 0N0
Winter Hours Nov 1 – Mar 31
Thursday – Sunday
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Open Friday – Sunday only for the month of January.
Summer Hours Apr 1 – Oct 31
Wednesday – Thursday
9:00 am – 8:00 pm (ceasefire at 7:55pm)
Friday, Saturday and Sunday
9:00 am – 5:00 pm (ceasefire at 4:55pm)